Homeless Alliance of WNY (HAWNY) is the Continuum of Care and HMIS lead for the Erie, Niagara, Genesee, Wyoming, and Orleans County. HAWNY is the recipient of the CoC Planning funds awarded by HUD during the last CoC competition. We are looking to sub-contract a portion of this grant to improve homeless service coordination within the 5 county region.
This RFP specifically addresses the need for coordinating the following services:
1. Improving employment outcomes for participants who are residing in CoC funded housing programs.
2. Improving health outcomes for homeless or formerly homeless clients in emergency, transitional, permanent supportive or rapid rehousing programs.
3. Improving the coordination of Veterans services with the goal of reducing and ending Veterans homeless including reducing the length of stay in transitional housing and quickly housing Veterans experiencing homelessness.
4. Other coordinating services that will help to reduce homelessness or reduce the length of stay for those experiencing homelessness or helping clients remain stably housed after experiencing homelessness.
5. Any other coordination of services that would assist those experiencing homelessness to remain stably housed.
All proposals should address how they will provide coordinating services within the 5 county Continuum of Care.
Eligible entities: non-for-profit organizations and researcher professionals
Amount: up to $100,000 per category is available
Term: One year, with the possibility of it being renewable dependent upon continued HUD funding. We expect to select a majority of the projects before August 1, 2020 and execute the contract as soon as we receive a contract from HUD. There is no deadline for the submission of proposals.
Match requirement: a minimum of 25% of the requested amount can be in-kind or cash match.
Leverage requirement: 1.5 times of the request amount preferable. But it is not required.
Eligible activities: Funds cannot be used as direct service to clients. Funds can be used to coordinate services, creating strategies/ partnerships to improve system outcomes, providing training to case managers etc. Operating costs may be included for travel, office space, phone etc. Admin costs such as supervision are not eligible through this grant.
Applicant must detail how this project can benefit participants in CoC funded housing programs and use specific measurements to prove that project have direct impact on improving employment. Quarterly reports on measurements set by the applicants will be required to submit to Homeless Alliance.
Applicant must comply with financial draws that will be developed with the Homeless Alliance in compliance with all HUD regulations and generally accepted accounting principles. The applicant agrees to allow the Homeless Alliance or their representative access to all financial records, time sheets and other records to confirm compliance with HUD regulations.
Application and Budget worksheet:
A narrative of no more than 2 pages should describe the service you plan to provide, including any partner agencies with whom you may be collaborating.
The budget detail should include each position that will be paid for through this grant including any fringe benefits and a breakdown of other funding sources and the amount of time to be allocated to this endeavor.
All proposals must be submitted electronically to Dale Zuchlewski at [email protected]
Open deadline. This RFP will remain open until all HUD Planning funds are allocated.
The Homeless Alliance reserves the right to accept or reject any and all proposals or to accept or reject proposals in full or in part.
For a full description of the RFP and instructions to apply, please click HERE.