Service Coordinator – Full Time
The Homeless Alliance is the Continuum of Care agency for five counties in WNY: Erie, Niagara, Genesee, Orleans and Wyoming counties. Our mission is to coordinate homeless services among providers and to develop systems to better utilize $12.9 million in HUD funding per year. In this position you will have the opportunity to affect the lives of approximately 8,000 people per year on a macro level. HAWNY has a national and state reputation for excellence in the work we do. We advocate for systems change on a local, state and national level.
The Service Coordinator will engage homelessness alleviation providers in the community, assist in compliance with HUD regulations, and the coordination of homelessness alleviation activities among providers and other systems such as health care, corrections and government agencies in the five counties covered by our Continuum of Care. This position will be under the supervision of the Director of Federal Programs.
Master’s degree preferred
Knowledge and work experience in homeless services preferred
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
● Experience working in program compliance is a plus but not required
● Must be able to understand data and how it relates to serving clients and successful program performance
● Ability to train and build capacity of others
● Comfortable working with persons from diverse backgrounds
● Must show initiative, and be a team player
● Must possess a valid New York State Driver’s License and must have access to a motor vehicle to meet transportation requirements within five counties with limited public transportation options
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter, writing sample, resume and salary requirements to the Homeless Alliance by email to Dale Zuchlewski, [email protected]. No phone calls please. The Homeless Alliance of Western New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). This announcement may be used to fill other positions at the Homeless Alliance.