The Homeless Alliance of WNY (HAWNY) works with community partners to implement best practices to end homelessness. So what does that mean exactly? Our purpose is to provide data and research to emergency shelters, housing agencies, and other programs so that they can better serve our homeless population, or in other terms, we “help the helpers” by providing a birds eye view. HAWNY is the Continuum of Care (the region we cover) and Homeless Management Information System (the database we manage) leader in WNY. Our organization is at the crossroads of qualitative and quantitative research. This means we are the point people in data collection, management, and analysis in regards to homeless information.
• We enjoy a small office environment with long term employees.
• We work on and develop interesting projects and research opportunities.
• We get to collaborate with the organizations in our community making a direct impact on homelessness (outreach workers, case workers, management).
What we are looking for
We are looking for an entry-level full time program assistant with a background in social science or data management. The position will primarily assist in running reports and analyzing data as well as providing troubleshooting and training on our database for other agencies.
• Bachelor’s required, Master’s preferred or equivalent experience
• SQL/Query experience to build reports/retrieve data is preferred
• An intermediate level of experience with Excel
• Teaching, facilitating, or public speaking experience is helpful
• Troubleshooting abilities
• A love of data, details, and analysis
• Experience with homelessness, lived or otherwise, is helpful
What we offer
• 40 hour work week with paid lunch
• Work life balance with generous time off
• Interesting projects that benefit the community
• Centrally Located near Allentown and the Medical Campus
• Salary is mid to upper 30’s
Please submit cover letter, writing sample, resume and salary requirements to the Homeless Alliance by email to Dale Zuchlewski, [email protected] No phone calls, please. The Homeless Alliance may use the responses to this advertisement to fill other positions in the future. The Homeless Alliance of Western New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).